Thursday, May 15, 2008

More updates

I'm going nuts with KDE's anonymous svn access. It is sooooo slow. I am trying to upload the latest version of translations and once a while it just stalls... I have to regularly kill the subversion client, then run cleanup. And it seems that they are throttling the bandwidth to about 10K/s. Anyway, I managed to download and run the first step of import for openSUSE and XFCE, so you can expect them in the nearest future with the updated translations for KDE (this time KDE4), GNOME and Mozilla. I have also automated the updates, so I should be able to update the database more frequently.

Furthermore, I have created a discussion group for anybody interested in open-tran. If you have any suggestions or questions, you can post an e-mail to open-tran@googlegroups.com. You don't have to be a subscriber to post messages.

And by the way, I've got two questions for you:
  1. Have you noticed any performance improvement after the last upgrade?
  2. Would you download the database for off-line use (~100MB)?

2 comments:

Og Maciel said...

To your questions: yes and yes! :)

Looking forward to seeing XFCE and all the other good stuff go into the site!

Cheers,

Og

Anonymous said...

Yes, now that you mentioned it, Open-Tran.eu is indeed faster lately.

I believe the off-line database is a nice feature, specially for plugins (gedit, gtranslator etc.)

Og: good to see you around ;)