Sunday, March 25, 2007

Design

I have downloaded the current design of the open-tran.eu from the oswd website and slightly modified it to include the search form. It is not only my opinion that this design does not look very well. So if you have some time and would like to create a new one, please contact me. I will reference you in the site's footer and our Hall of Fame. And by the way: I have extended the layout of the results. I have removed this horrible table and replaced it with a definition list, which now includes some additional information: a complete list of projects that contain the suggested translation and a number indicating the score. I hope that these visual clues will help comprehend the list.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The current layout lacks original English strings. IMHO it is a MUST - sometimes it is really necessary to verify translations... ;o)

Unknown said...

This is one of the most frequently requested feature and will be implemented, I promise... but...

The problem is that there is no place to put it... without making the results unreadable. It would be best to have a tooltip that displays the source phrase on mouse rollover, but I have never really programmed in JavaScritp and have no idea, how to implement that.

Anonymous said...

see - JavaScript, DHTML Tooltips:
http://www.walterzorn.com/tooltip/tooltip_e.htm

...but personally I'd rather prefer source phrase expandible/collapsible at user request