Sunday, March 11, 2007

Launch Day

I've had a busy weekend.
  1. I have launched this blog to keep everybody up to date with the current status of the project.
  2. I have managed to add 71 languages to open-tran.eu. It might be the case that I have misspelled some of the names or put them in a wrong form (I am particularly unsure about the Ukrainian - it looks to me rather like a feminine adjective), so please drop me a line if you know how to correct them. I am still working on few languages that failed to import (Kashubian, Hausa, Georgian and Telugu) and will let you know as soon as I find out what went wrong.
  3. I have also populated the database with the newest KDE translations from the stable branch. Right now the database is about 700MB large and contains more than 5 million phrases in 83 different languages.
  4. The software running open-tran.eu is now available for download from the project's site. You are also encouraged to submit any bugs and feature requests into the issue tracker.

No comments: